Education takes on many forms in America; private, home school, and public education. Conservatives exist in every form of education delivery. Conservative teachers often feel marginalized in the profession. Believing that they are in the minority or that they do not have a voice, they often remain silent and do not speak out. Conservative Teachers of America is a place for conservatives, both teachers and concerned citizens, to speak out on education related issues.
What does it mean to be a conservative?
Conservative is a word with a lot of definitions. The media and the American political left enjoys folding us up into this little envelope, but the reality is there is a huge difference among conservatives in thought and beliefs. As a whole, we undoubtedly encompass 40% of the American people, and realistically 50-60% of the American people have conservative tendencies.
Conservatives are accused of being closed-minded, hating those that are not like us, and not believing in any positive change or “progress.” This perception is completely inaccurate.
What really matters is the core of American conservatism. For us, that is love of country, love of the constitution, an understanding of our history (both good and bad), support of republicanism, support of the rule of law, a belief in smaller government, and a preservation of the revolutionary spirit that completely changed the Western world.
Areas of Focus:
- Become the official gathering place of conservatives in education online
- Give conservative teachers a voice.
- Publish articles from conservatives in education
- Encourage dialogue, think American Thinker for conservatives about education, not all conservatives are going to agree, but they can disagree respectfully.
- Review and promote great books for children, tweens, and young adults.
- Encourage teachers to question the unions that often claim to speak for them.
- Promote quality professional development in the classroom.
- Encourage conservatives to be informed on and involved with public education.
- Promote history education that demonstrates the truth about America, both good and bad.
- Promote freedom of conscience inside of our schools
Top 10 Posts Last 30 Days
2) Book Reviews
Top 10 Posts All-Time
3) Book Reviews
Get Social with Conservative Teachers of America!
We are on Twitter, @ConservTeachers. If you are a conservative teacher on Twitter, tweet with and add the hashtage #TCTOT to your profile page. TCTOT=Top Conservative Teachers on Twitter. If you are a conservative teacher on twitter, tweet at us, and we’ll add you to our #TCTOT list.
Please follow our editor, Andrew Palmer, on Twitter (@AndrewHMPalmer).
Please contact us through email at [email protected]
Interested in writing for us? Please submit any articles to [email protected]